In Pursuit of a Tv Interview

Travelers:        Vicki Amundson and Diane Davies

Destination:    Atlanta, Georgia – Preach the Word Worldwide Network TV Studio, Roswell, GA

2:30 P.M. appointment with Bishop Larry Carnes for the book interview regarding Jeannie Ann’s Grandma Has Breast Cancer.

July 13, 2019

2:00 A.M.        Telephone rings in room 838 at the Intercontinental Hotel at the MSP International Airport with a wake-up call for the first leg of our four flights today to Atlanta and back.  It definitely felt like 2:00 A.M.!

3:00 A.M.        Left hotel in a Cadillac Escalade shuttle for the airport. 

3:10 A.M.        Arrived at airport.  No bags to check.  Walked straight through TSA Pre- Check. Lights are on but no coffee and nothing open.  Couldn’t find our flight on the departure board. (We were looking for Atlanta and should have been looking for Chicago! Duh! Maybe a bit early for the two of us?)  Found our gate and found our flight delayed from 5:00 A.M. to 6:00 A.M.!  (Could have had another hour of sleep.) 

Flight delayed to 8:30 A.M.

Flight delayed to 9:30 A.M.

Flight updated back to 6:00 A.M.  (What ? ? ?)

6:00 A.M.        Left for Chicago.  Arrived with plenty of time for breakfast before leg #2.

8:30 A.M.        Mis-read the boarding pass thinking they began loading at 8:30.  Stopped to use the bathroom and arrived at the gate just as they closed the door.  The flight left at 8:30 A.M.  The gate agents said they had paged us several times.  With the deaf leading the deaf, we never heard the page!

                        We were sent to customer service where the agent found a flight to Atlanta on another airline in another part of the airport (Chicago O’Hare let me remind you!) leaving in 45 minutes.  She sent us on our way with excellent directions to find the gate and a stern warning not to stop anywhere along the way and “You will make it!”

                        It was a  l  o  n  g  way to the gate with no service carts in sight.  We arrived with about 10 minutes to spare.  Boarded the plane with sweat dripping from our ears and hair BUT we were finally Atlanta bound.

12:10 P.M.      Arrived in Atlanta – the busiest airport in the United States – we learned.  Again it was a  l  o  n  g  way to the car rental center.  So long that we had to take;

  1.  A Concourse Tram
  2. A Sky Train
  3. And lots of walking

Finally found the EZ Rental Counter as the agent was once again closing the door on us leaving a sign that told us to find the Advantage Counter for help.  We did – after another escalator ride and a few more steps.  After signing all of forms, we were directed across the ramp, down the elevator, to another Advantage Desk where they would direct us to our car.  A blue Passat was waiting for us.

1:30 P.M.        Once we figured out how to get the car started, we were off following our step by step Google directions on our iPhone.  We had about a 45 minute drive to Roswell giving us 15 minutes to spare for getting lost and found again.

2:15 P.M.        Rain begins pouring down just as we arrive in Roswell and I mean POURING!

2:23 P.M.        We pull up and park by the front door of the building where the studio is located.  No umbrellas.  No raincoats.  No brains.  We run through the rain and arrive ON TIME looking like drowned rats from Minnesota!


In Pursuit of a TV Interview - Part 2
Author Annotations

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *